Monday, March 24, 2008

Wicked the musical: For Good

I think this song is so pretty. Makes you think about the impact you have on other people's lives and how you can impact them.

I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason bringing something we must learn. And we are lead to those who help us most to grow if we let them and we help them in return.

Well I don't know if I believe that's true but I know I'm who I am today because I knew you.

Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes a sun. Like a stream that meets a boulder half way through the wood. Who can say if I've changed for the better. But because I knew you I have been changed for good.

It well may be that we will never meet again in this lifetime, so let me say before we part; So much of me is made of what I learned from you. You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart. And now whatever way our stories end I know you have re-written mine by being my friend.

Like a ship flung from it's mooring by a wind off the sea. Like a seed dropped by a sky-bird in the distant wood. Who can say if I've been changed for the better but because I knew you. Because I knew you. I have been changed for good.

And just to clear the air, I ask forgiveness for the things I've done you blame me for. But then I guess we know there's blame to share. And none of it seems to matter anymore.

Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes a sun. Like a stream that meets a boulder half way through the wood. Like a ship flung from it's mooring by a wind off the sea. Like a seed dropped by a sky-bird in the distant wood. Who can say if I've been changed for the better I do believe I have been changed for the better. And because I knew you because I knew you because I knew you I have been changed for good.

No comments: